Sweden’s Tusse addresses the whole world with powerful “Voices”
Day 4 and we are ready to introduce you contestant #4 in the first Eurovision semi-final.
- The singer’s full name is Tousin Michael Chiza, and he’s only 19!
- Tusse is a Congolese-Swedish singer who left his homeland as an eight-year-old boy after three years on the run from the war! “It has been the most difficult part of my childhood and my journey to find a safe place,” he says.
- He participated as a singer in the Swedish talent show Talang 2018 and made it to the semifinals. The next year Tusse won Swedish Idol 2019.
- Tusse’s contribution to the Melodifestivalen has been compared to Loreen’s Eurovision winner “Euphoria”.
- When he won the Melodifestivalen, he said he panicked. “I sent to all my friends: “What is that?”, he told SVT News.