It’s Day 7, and #7 in the running order is Lesley Roy (Ireland), who will be singing ‘Maps’ at Eurovision 2021
- It was written in Lesley Roy’s stars that she would be a singer. Lesley’s mother had been playing in different bands and got her daughter her first guitar at the age of 10.
- To get closer to her dream of being noticed, Lesley had to busk in the streets to raise enough money to record her songs in the studios.
- A turning point in her career was inking with Jive Records and meeting all-pop-star-master, producer Max Martin.
- The evening she felt was a “f***ing disaster” actually ended up with Max agreeing to listen to her demos… and offering her an album!
- Lesley is happily married to her love, Lauren. The women have been together for 13 years.5. Lesley has worked with some first-rate pop stars, including American singer Katy Perry.
More: BLIND CHANNEL interview: “If there’s only darkness, let’s have a f–ing party in that darkness”
Do you want to be in the know about your favorite musicians? Then join us on AlteRock Facebook and AlteRock Twitter! Don’t forget to share your thoughts who’s your favorite contestant of Eurovision 2021!