Vasil will sing the ballad “Here I stand” on Rotterdam Ahoj stage.
On the plate of Day 6 we are tasting one of the smoothest voices of Eurovision, Vasil from North Macedonia. Let’s get to know him a little closer!
- Vasil Garvanliev got his vocal education at the highest-class places: La Scala Theatre Academy in Milan and Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Canada.
- Some Macedonians weren’t happy about him representing North Macedonia at Eurovision as he also has Bulgarian citizenship. We say: “So what?”
- Vasil was discovered as a child when, one day, he was singing on the street. A Macedonian composer was captivated by his voice, and soon a child pop star was born. Watch him sing as a child here.
- He was a backing vocalist for such world pop stars as Nick Carter, Enrique Iglesias and even Céline Dion!
- And the list goes on. In 2016, Vasil recorded vocals for some tracks on Chance the Rapper’s album Coloring Book.
Tell us who your favorite Eurovision contestant is and who you think will qualify to the Grand Final. Don’t miss out on the news about your favorite rock bands – join us on AlteRock Facebook and AlteRock Twitter!