What is Benny Christo like in everyday life? Read our 5 curious facts about the Czech singer!
Benny Cristo was supposed to represent the Czech Republic at Eurovision 2020 with his song “Kemama“, but the song contest got cancelled. This year he was internally selected again. Rotterdam will see him sing the song “Omaga” on Ahoy Arena.
- The singer’s full name is Ben da Silva Cristóvão. He is of Czech-Angolan origin, and has three younger siblings: Elíezes, Nala, and Acília.
- Benny’s breakthrough was in the local contest SuperStar, the Czech and Slovak version of Idol in 2009. The young talent didn’t get unnoticed: Benny came #7, which was a solid result. And from then on his career got on the right track.
- If you want to know how to build a massive following on social media, ask Benny Christo. He’s got about 800,000 followers on Instagram and over 400,000 on Facebook. It wasn’t a surprise then to get him to represent the country at Eurovision!
- Benny is as passionate about sport as he is crazy about music. The singer professionally competed in snowboarding and won a bronze medal in the Asian Jiu Jitsu Brazilian Championship in 2016, followed by a gold medal at the Madrid International Championship.
- He is one creative designer. Benny’s 2017 album Poslední wasn’t a usual CD. Fans could download the album via a special QR code on a T-Shirt designed by Benny Christo himself!
More on Eurovision 2021: Hottest facts about the sexiest Eurovision singer, Uku Suviste (Estonia)
Photo credit: Benny Cristo, Czech Republic, Second Rehearsal, Rotterdam Ahoy, 13 May 2021 — EBU / THOMAS HANSES